Welcome to the seventh annual Warrior Classic Hockey Tournament, and first to be hosted by the Colorado Warriors Hockey Organization in beautiful Centennial, CO! Warrior teams from around the country will arrive in Colorado to participate in a weekend of hockey that is dedicated to U.S. military veterans with a disability who also play ice hockey. To be eligible, all players must be or have been veterans and members of the Armed Forces and meet a minimum disability rating through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
All games will be played between South Suburban Sports Complex and Family Sports Center for a total of five ice sheets for tournament play. Tournament registration will begin June 1st, 2023 with an early bird special of only $1,000 before August 1st, 2023. Any team that registers after August 1st will be subject to full registration cost of $1,200. Payment to finalize registration will be coordinated with Christopher Hunt (CW Treasurer) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 210-278-6187. This tournament is limited to the first 50 teams that register and we expect to fill up fast! Please register utilizing the link https://myevents.usahockey.com/2023-usa-hockey-warrior-classic- . The Tournament will be broken down into 7 divisions of play and will be adjusted as necessary as we get closer to the tournament and finalized at completion of registration. Registration deadline will be once we receive 50 registered teams or September 15th, 2023.
To learn more about Warrior Hockey and see the full eligibility requirements, please click the following link: https://www.usahockey.com/warriorhockey.
USA Hockey approved rosters and Excel template with roster information (template will be sent upon completion of registration) must be submitted by September 1st, 2023. Failure to submit this information in a timely manner may impact your team’s number of swag bags and tickets for other events.
Special Block Rates have been provided for several hotels within the surrounding area and links to their information can be found below. Please book fast as their is currently limited availability at the discount rate for these specified hotels and the block of rooms that have been secured to support the tournament.
7150 S. Clinton St.
Centennial, CO 80112
|Reservations Cut-Off Date: [September 1, 2023 / Means that on August 31, 2023 @ 11:59 PM rooms will drop out of the system.] At the cut-off date, the hotel will release the unreserved rooms for general sale. Any reservations received after the cut-off date will be accepted on a space or rate available basis. Mention Colorado Warriors Hockey to receive Block Room Rate of $139/ night with 2 night minimum stay requirement.
|Courtyard Denver Tech Center
6565 South Boston St.
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
|Reservations can be made through the following link:
Reservations by Group attendees must be received on or before 9/3/2023 (the “Cutoff Date”). After the Cutoff Date, Hotel will release the unreserved rooms for general sale. Reservations received after the Cutoff Date will be confirmed on a space-available basis at prevailing rates. $99-$109 per night.
- All players must be on the approved USA Hockey roster for this event.
- All individual players are required to check-in prior to their first game.
- If a team plays with an ineligible player or a player who has not checked in, that game will be deemed a forfeit
- All games will be played following USA Hockey Warrior Hockey/Adult Hockey rules. No fighting.
- Ice time slot: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 minutes, start as soon as Zamboni doors close.Warmups
- Three 15-minute stop-time Period Intermission: 3 minutesPeriods
- Penalties: Minor (2 min), Major (5 min), Misconducts (10 min) Time-out: One 60 second timeout per team
- Overtime (when applicable): 3 player shoot out followed by sudden death shoot out
- Curfew Rule: In the event a game is delayed for any reason, a time adjustment must take place. In the 3rd period, at the first stoppage of play, with roughly five (5)-minutes left in the allotted ice time, if the game time is not less than 3:00 minutes, the referee shall have the scorekeeper reduce the game clock to 2:00 minutes plus whatever seconds are remaining and continue the game with stop-time.
- Jersey Rule: Home team will wear dark, away team will wear light. In the case that the team does not have both jerseys or the colors are too close, we ask the coaches/captains of each team to work together to determine who is wearing dark and light prior to each game.